January - June 2008
• Total income decreased by 3 percent and amounted to SEK 1,841m (1,891).
• Total expenses before profit share amounted to SEK 1,305m (979). The first half of 2008 included provisions to credit reserves of SEK 130m (0) as described on page 7.
• Operating profit before profit share amounted to SEK 537m (912).
• Net profit amounted to SEK 211m (115), corresponding to a profit per share of SEK 2.72 (1.54).
• Net inflow of SEK 6 billion to Asset Management since year-end.
Second quarter of 2008
• Total income decreased by 14 percent and amounted to SEK 923m (1,072).
• Total expenses before profit share amounted to SEK 713m (524). The quarter included a provision to credit reserves of SEK 100m (0) as described on page 7. Adjusted for this item expenses amounted to SEK 613m (524).
• Net profit amounted to 85m (-18), corresponding to a profit per share of SEK 1.09 (-0,23).
• Streamlining of the business into three independent business areas and five product segments.
• A programme is being developed to reduce the cost base, as described on page 7.
• Carnegie appointed best Swedish brokerage firm by Financial Hearings, and best equity house in Norway by business magazine Euromoney.
For further information, please contact: Mikael Ericson (President and CEO) +46 8-676 88 00, Bo Haglund (acting CFO) +46 8-5886 90 03 or Andreas Koch (Information and IR) +46 8-676 86 39.
Carnegie is a leading independent investment bank with Nordic focus. Carnegie provides value-added services in securities brokering, investment banking, asset management, and private banking, as well as pension advisory services to institutions, corporations and private clients. Carnegie has approximately 1,100 employees in eight countries and is listed on the Nordic Exchange.