January – March 2008
• Total income increased by 12 per cent and amounted to SEK 918m (819). Adjusted for Max Matthiessen income decreased by 6 per cent.
• Total expenses before profit share amounted to SEK 591m (455). Adjusted for Max Matthiessen and non-recurring items expenses amounted to SEK 469m (455).
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 181m (192), corresponding to an operating profit margin of 20 per cent (23).
• Net profit decreased by 4 per cent and amounted to SEK 127m (132), corresponding to profit per share of SEK 1.63 (1.84).
Important events during the first quarter
• Strong profits in Asset Management, operating profit up 29 per cent.
• Net inflow of SEK 4 billion to Asset Management.
• Industry leader in equity research and brokerage, according to analytics company StarMine and magazine Institutional Investor.
Important events after the closing date
• Mikael Ericson will begin as CEO on 26 April.
• Kristina Schauman will begin as CFO on 1 August.
For further information, please contact: Anders Onarheim (acting CEO) +46 8-676 88 00, Bo Haglund (acting CFO) +46 8-5886 90 03 or Andreas Koch (Information and IR) +46 8-676 86 39.
Further information is available at www.carnegie.se/ir.
Carnegie is a leading independent investment bank with Nordic focus. Carnegie provides value-added services in securities brokering, investment banking, asset management, and private banking, as well as pension advisory services to institutions, corporations and private clients. Carnegie has approximately 1,100 employees in eight countries and is listed on the Nordic Exchange.